Arun Sivashankaran on SaaS Experiments
Arun Sivashankaran, founder of FunnelEnvy, breaks down all things optimization for Demand Gen. What to measure, where to focus, and where not to focus.
Listen on SoundCloud
… or on YouTube
- “Quantity goes down, but quality goes up, and if you’re only measuring the number of form fills and lead captures, you’re gonna miss that.”
- “Just because a tool will let you measure something on-site, that doesn’t mean it’s sufficient.”
- “If you commit yourself to actually measuring what matters … that’s gonna change the nature of experiments that you’re gonna run.”
- “There’s no magical binary thing that happens from 94 to 95 percent significance.”
- “If you’re optimizing Zappos.com, what you’re going to do is make it easier to buy shoes … in a Demand Gen site, it’s different. You have different types of intent.”
- “The major source of friction is how well the site communicates an offer to me that’s relevant to my interests.”
Next time I write something, I'll let you know.
© 2023 Brian David Hall